- How do I know that my donation to LLSC is a wise investment?
- Is it secure to donate online?
- I'd like to make a donation in someone's memory. Can the family be notified that I made a gift?
- How do I use appreciated stock to make a charitable contribution?
- Can I give anonymously?
- Is my donation tax deductible?
- I misplaced my tax receipt. How do I get another copy?
- What is the LLSC Charitable Business Number?
- Is LLSC a registered Canadian charity?
- How can I get a copy of your annual report?
- I'd like to include LLSC in my will. Can I designate my bequest for a specific purpose?
- How do I stop a monthly donation or change the recurring amount?
- How can my company contribute to LLSC?
- I have a limited income. How can I help?
LLSC is specifically focused on finding cures and better treatments for blood cancer patients. LLSC funds cancer scientists throughout Canada. And with no campus or laboratories to maintain, a gift to LLSC funds more research and less overhead than a donation made elsewhere. For details about how your donation is used, see Why Give to LLSC?
Yes, LLSC guards your personal data and credit card numbers against loss and unauthorized access, both online and off-line. We accomplish this through industry-standard computer security methods, encryption techniques and strict internal administrative processes that restrict LLSC employees who have access to personal information.
You can make a gift in honour of a special occasion or person or in memory of a loved one. When you make your gift, indicate the name and address of the person you want LLSC to notify. We will send him or her a card to acknowledge your thoughtfulness without mention of your gift amount. We will also send a receipt to you for your tax records, where applicable.
Find out how to donate appreciated stock.
Yes, any gift can be made anonymously.
Yes, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of Canada, is a registered charity, and all monetary donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by tax laws. Please check with your financial advisor if you have more questions.
Tax receipts are provided for all qualifying monetary donations. When making a contribution online, you receive an electronic receipt immediately. If you lose your online donation receipt, email AdminCanada@lls.org with details of your gift. If you have any other problem with your online donation, email AdminCanada@lls.org or call 1-833-222-4884. For a lost receipt or question about a mailed donation, call 1-833-222-4884 or email AdminCanada@lls.org.
The Charitable Business Number for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of Canada is 10762 3654 RR0001.
Yes, LLSC is a registered Canadian charity, Charitable Business Number 10762 3654 RR0001.
Please call 1-833-222-4884 to request a copy.
Yes. For example, you can direct your bequest to research or to patient services. Or, you can indicate a particular type of blood cancer you'd like your bequest directed to. For help with appropriate wording to ensure your wishes are fulfilled, call 1-833-222-4884. Read more about wills and bequests.
To change or stop your monthly gift, please call 1-833-222-4884.
Your company can help LLSC in several ways:
- Participate in a matching gift program.
- Sponsor a fundraising event or team.
- Fund a patient-focused program.
- Use the LLSC logo on its products or services.
- Sell a product or service.
There are other ways to give besides money. Volunteering, participating in fundraising events and becoming an LLSC advocate are great ways to show your support for LLSC. Your time and energy are valuable assets to LLSC!