Population served: Transplant patients, survivors and their caregivers in the U.S.
BMT InfoNet is dedicated to providing transplant patients, survivors and their loved ones with emotional support and high quality, easy-to-understand information about bone marrow, peripheral blood stem cell and cord blood transplants.
- Offers easy-to-understand information about bone marrow, peripheral blood stem cell and cord blood transplants
- Transplant Directory search tool
- Educational webcasts
- Caring Connections, a program that links people who are considering a transplant, or a family member, with others who have been through transplant and can offer support
- Counseling services to help patients understand treatment options and potential healthcare providers
- BMT InfoNet Drug Database is a guide that lists many of the drugs bone marrow, stem cell and cord blood transplants patients receive during treatment; it explains why they are used and some of the possible side effects.
Patient Assistance Fund offers a limited amount of financial assistance for gas, food, rent or other necessities. Social workers may apply on behalf of a patient via phone or email at email@example.com
Population served: People with an interest in bone marrow and stem cell transplantation, worldwide
To motivate, empower and enlighten people with an interest in bone marrow transplantation through peer support, education and awareness of this difficult but potentially life-saving procedure.
- Offers an online “Chat Room” three times weekly to share information and network with others.
Population served: Patients, caregivers, healthcare professionals
The Canadian Blood and Marrow Transplant Group (CBMTG) is a member-led, national, multidisciplinary organization providing leadership and promoting excellence in patient care, research and education in the field of blood and marrow transplant.
Mission: The Canadian Blood and Marrow Transplant Group is the voice of experts working in the field of blood and marrow transplant.
Population served: All Canadians in need of blood or blood products, including stem cells
Other language(s) : FrenchMission:
To manage the blood and blood products supply for Canadians; is a not-for-profit, charitable organization.
- Collects approximately 850,000 units of blood annually and processes it into the components and products that are administered to thousands of patients each year
- Manages the OneMatch Stem Cell and Marrow Network whose mission is to secure, in an expeditious way, donors for Canadian bone marrow transplant patients and for patients abroad
- Screens every donor and tests each unit of blood or blood product collected for a variety of transmissible diseases. Ensures that Canadian transfusion medicine research and development remains at the cutting edge.
- Committed to blood safety, effective screening and testing processes.
Population served: Gift of Life is one of the nation’s public bone marrow registries helping children and adults find donors for bone marrow transplants.
To facilitate transplantation of volunteer unrelated donor stem cells as curative therapy for patients around the world of all socioeconomic backgrounds, suffering from leukemia and a wide-range of life-threatening diseases.
- Provides information on becoming a stem cell donor
- Provides information and resources about transplants
- Provides search process and case management to assist health professionals find donor matches for patients.
Population served: Canadian patients (except Quebec) needing transplant and marrow/stem cell donors.
One Match works to educate and recruit potential stem cell donors and maintains the associated donor records. It coordinates and processes search requests and provides comprehensive assistance to patients and physicians throughout the search process.
Population served: Patients in need of bone marrow and/or umbilical cord blood transplants, worldwide
Provides assistance to people in need of a bone marrow/umbilical cord blood transplants; and is dedicated to creating an opportunity for all patients to receive a transplant when they need it. NMDP operates the Be The Match Registry®, the world’s largest listing of potential marrow donors and donated cord blood units.
- Be The Match Foundation Patient Assistance Program, for patients who pursue a transplant through Be The Match®, may be eligible for financial aid programs to help pay for the cost of a donor search and for some post-transplant expenses
- Provides an extensive collection of education materials, webcast presentations
- Be The Match Patient Services has a team dedicated to helping you learn about marrow and cord blood transplant as a treatment option, the overall transplant process, and what to expect after transplant
- Peer Connect Program puts a patient/caregiver in touch with one of NMDP’s trained volunteers — who are transplant recipients and caregivers — to answer questions and share their own transplant experiences.
- The Caregiver's Companion Program- combines a useful toolkit with the personalized, confidential support of a caregiver coach who understands transplant and the caregiver role.
- Receive a toolkit that includes the Caregiver’s Companion book with tips, ideas and stories from other caregivers
- Be paired with a trained Be The Match® coach who will work with your schedule to find a time that’s best for you to talk by telephone.