Taking an active role in making decisions regarding your treatment can have a positive effect on your health and quality of life. One of your first choices as an active participant in your care is to either select a specialist to manage your treatment or to choose a treatment center.
You may be seeking a blood cancer specialist or a treatment center because you:
- Are currently having lab and/or imaging tests to confirm or rule out a blood cancer diagnosis
- Have recently been diagnosed with a blood cancer and want to explore your treatment options
- Are in treatment but want to explore other options
- Have relapsed disease and want to get another medical (second) opinion about treatment
- Have consulted with specialists who provided differing recommendations and you want a second opinion.
- Download or order The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of the US' free fact sheet, Choosing a Blood Cancer Specialist or Treatment Center.