Join us on April 21st 2021 for a virtual training for pharmacists. Jennifer Voisey, clinical pharmacist in the Adult Hematology/Oncology department of Eastern Health will present on the oral treatments available in chronic leukemia (myeloid and lymphoid).
The Canadian Council on Continuing Education in Pharmacy has accredited this program for 1.50 CEUs.
- Know how to popularize the etiology and CLL and CML;
- Provide an overview of the effectiveness of treatments for CLL and CML;
- Know how to recognize the phases of CML in order to validate the starting doses;
- Know how to assess the risk of Tumor Lysis Syndrome in CLL and recommend the appropriate prophylaxis;
- Take charge of oral treatments for CLL and CML (monitoring, management of side effects);
- Understand the importance of adherence to CML treatment;
- Know how to assess the severity of hematological toxicities;
- Know the essential references in oncology
This training was made possible thanks to the support of: