Teens and young adults who are diagnosed with cancer face unique concerns and challenges when it comes to things like education, employment, dating and intimacy.
YA Connect Online Support
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society offers YA Connect, which features programs and support for young adults with cancer, such as:
- A weekly online chat that provides an open forum for young adults dealing with cancer and cancer survivorship
- Blood cancer discussion boards, which features a section specifically devoted to the young adult cancer community
- Webcasts that feature experts and young adults discussing topics such as the physical, emotional and financial challenges faced by young adults with cancer:
- Navigating Employment and Insurance
- Living Life, Managing Cancer
- Getting the Answers You Need: Fatigue and Other Cancer Treatment Side Effects
Video Series about Cancer Survivorship in Young Adults
Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL)
In these three video clips, young adult ALL survivors discuss:
- ALL diagnosis & treatment
- Long-term & late effects
Click here to access this video series.