We at the LLSC are committed to providing patients the resources they need in order to live a better quality of life. That is why we are now offering a FREE care package for blood cancer patients in Atlantic Canada and London, Ontario.
This care package was designed to assist you in staying organized throughout treatment, allowing you to keep track of medications, doctor appointments, and symptoms among other things. It is also a one-stop shop to all the resources we offer as an organization.
What does the Empower Pack include?
- A high quality canvas tote bag
- Appointment tracking tool
- Treatment tracking tool
- Result tracking tool
- Medication tracking tool
- Symptom tracking tool
- Address book pages
- Expense tracking tool
- Note pages
- Other resources
- Support customized to your diagnosis
- First Connection brochure
- Patient and caregiver stories
- Disease specific information booklets
- Ask the Doctor brochure
- Other resources as available
- Special savings
- Gift card(s)
- Care package item
Please note, contents of the Empower Pack may vary.
Who can order the Empower Pack?
The Empower Pack can be ordered by blood cancer patients in Atlantic Canada and those receiving treatment at the London Regional Cancer Program. Caregivers and others can also order the Empower Pack on behalf of a patient by providing their own contact information as well as that of the patient.
Ordering the Empower Pack
The Empower pack can be ordered:
- By phone Monday-Friday 9am – 4 pm at:
- Atlantic Canada - (902) 422-5999 or toll free: (855) 515-5572
- London, Ontario - (519) 204-3993
- By email at:
Receiving the Empower Pack
The Empower Pack will be hand-delivered where available, otherwise it will be shipped. You can expect to receive your Empower Pack within 3 weeks of placing your order request.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can any cancer patient order the Empower Pack?
- The Empower pack is a care package for blood cancer patients.
Can a blood cancer survivor who is no longer undergoing treatment order the Empower Pack?
- At the present time, the Empower Pack is only available to blood-cancer patients currently undergoing treatment.
Do Empower Pack recipients need to live in Atlantic Canada or London, Ontario?
- Yes, the support resources in the Empower Pack are tailored to support blood cancer patients in Atlantic Canada and London, Ontario.
Is there an age requirement for requesting the Empower Pack?
- Yes. To request or receive the Empower Pack, an individual must be 18 years of age or have the consent of a legal guardian.
Can I request the Empower Pack on a patient’s behalf?
- Yes, with the patient’s consent you may order the Empower Pack on their behalf. You must provide the patient’s contact information as well as that of your own.
Can I select specific items to be included in my Empower Pack?
- No, the Empower Pack contents are already customized to the patient’s specific diagnosis.
Can the Empower Pack be shipped to a caregiver/other individual instead of me?
- Yes, the Empower Pack can be shipped to a caregiver or other individual provided the patient has given permission for someone to receive the Empower Pack on their behalf.
Do I need to be home to receive the package?
- Yes, once shipped, the Empower Pack will need to be retrieved within one week. If you are away receiving treatment (or otherwise) please call to let us know so we can make arrangements for you to receive your Empower Pack.
Can the Empower Pack be shipped to a cancer treatment centre?
- Yes, use the address of the cancer treatment centre as the shipping information. Please let us know which employee to ship “care of”.
Why is it called the Empower Pack?
- Empowerment: the process of increasing the capacity of individuals or groups to make choices and to transform those choices into desired actions and outcomes.
- The Empower Pack is designed to empower patients through knowledge, resources, and support.
How is the Empower Pack free?
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of Canada is able to provide the Empower Pack free to blood cancer patient in Atlantic Canada and London, Ontario through the generosity of: donations, sponsors, and fundraising campaigns.
Can I make a donation to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of Canada?
- Yes, a donation will help fund our mission: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. Your donation will go towards:
- Blood cancer research
- Patient advocacy and support
- Blood cancer education
Can I buy an LLSC tote bag?
- Yes, for $45 you can buy an LLSC tote bag. All proceeds of your purchase will go toward our mission.