Population served: People with pain management concerns in Canada
The Canadian Pain Coalition is a partnership of pain consumer groups, health professionals who care for people in pain, and scientists studying better ways of treating pain. Pain clinic locations, information and podcasts are available on their site.
The organization's purpose is to promote sustained improvement in the treatment of all types of pain through:
- Developing educational programs for the public
- Informing government about the needs of the pain community
- Increasing media coverage of pain
Population served: Canadians affected by cancer
Cancer View Canada connects Canadians to online services, information and resources for cancer control. It is an ever-evolving portal that brings together resources for cancer prevention, screening, treatment, and supportive, palliative and end-of-life care.
Through its collaborative tools, Cancer View Canada also links people in the Canadian cancer community to each other.
Population served: Patients, caregivers and health professionals
Helping and healing people with peripheral neuropathy through awareness, education, support, advocacy and research.
- Provides a variety of print and online publications and newsletters; directories of neuropathy physicians, neuropathy centers, and support groups; Coping with Chronic Neuropathy DVD
- Solicits research proposals into the causes of and treatments for peripheral neuropathies.