Population served: Brain tumor patients and their families in the United States
Other language(s) : SpanishMission:
ABTA is committed to advance the understanding and treatment of brain tumors with the goals of improving, extending and, ultimately, saving the lives of those impacted by a brain tumor diagnosis.
- Provides care consultations by phone or by email, and will help find information, resources and tools that are needed by patients and caregivers.
Population served: Canadians affected by cancer
Cancer View Canada connects Canadians to online services, information and resources for cancer control. It is an ever-evolving portal that brings together resources for cancer prevention, screening, treatment, and supportive, palliative and end-of-life care.
Through its collaborative tools, Cancer View Canada also links people in the Canadian cancer community to each other.
Population served: Patients and caregivers concerned with chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) and small lymphocytic lymphoma (SLL)
CIG, which is associated with Lymphoma Research Foundation, is a patient advocacy group that provides information to people with CLL/SLL and their loved ones.
Offers disease and treatment information
Offers an Internet-based discussion group for patients and caregivers
Population served: Anyone seeking information on cutaneous lymphoma (CL)
To support every person with cutaneous lymphoma by promoting awareness and education, advancing patient care, and facilitating research.
- Provides education and support to patients diagnosed with CL
- Information on website is designed to help physicians, nurses and other health professionals access resources related to cutaneous lymphoma.
Population served: People diagnosed with Waldenström's macroglobulinemia and their loved ones, worldwide
Other language(s) : Spanish, FrenchMission:
To offer mutual support and encouragement to the Waldenström's macroglobulinemia community and others with an interest in the disease.
- Provides information and educational programs that address patients' concerns
- Promotes and supports research leading to better treatments, and ultimately, a cure
- Hosts online forum, telephone and email lifeline network
- Offers support groups for patients, caregivers and families.
Population served: Patients with lymphoma and their families, caregivers, health professionals
Other language(s) : Spanish, other languages available by phoneMission:
To fund innovative lymphoma research; to provide people with lymphoma and health professionals with up-to-date information about this type of cancer; to eradicate lymphoma and serve those touched by this disease.
- Provides Lymphoma Helpline and Clinical Trials Information Service
- Provides educational materials, conferences, webcasts
- Offers limited financial assistance to patients in active treatment
- Lymphoma Support Network is a one-to-one peer support program that matches lymphoma patients or caregivers with volunteers who have had similar lymphoma-related experiences
- Funds biomedical research focused on the origins, treatment and identification of a cure for lymphoma
- Raises public awareness of the disease.
Population served: Anyone affected by mantle cell lymphoma
To provide helpful information and resources to patients, caregivers, physicians, and others affected by mantle cell lymphoma (MCL)
- Offers FocusOnMCL.org website, hosted by the Lymphoma Research Foundation
- Provides disease and treatment information, support services, educational programs, publications.
Population served: People with cancer and their caregivers in the U.S.
Other language(s) : SpanishMission:
To provide accurate, up-to-date, and reliable information on cancer that is easy to understand; this confidential service is a federally funded cancer education program.
- Offers trained information specialists who can answer cancer-related questions on a range of cancer topics, including the most recent advances in cancer treatment.
Population served: Eye cancer patients and their families, health professionals
To create a world-class center of excellence for patients and their families diagnosed with ocular tumors, macular degeneration, and related ophthalmic conditions.
- Formerly the EyeCare Foundation
- Funds research to find cures for patients with ocular tumors, macular degeneration, and related eye diseases
- Provides up-to-date treatment information
- Coordinates clinical trials to evaluate new methods of diagnosis and treatment
- Offers family and patient support programs to ease emotional stress and real-life adjustment issues related to the severe forms of these conditions
- Empowers patients to find the resources to improve their lives