Population served: Cancer patients and caregivers in Canada
Other language(s) : French, Spanish, Chinese, Punjabi. They also have fact sheets available in Cree, Hindi, Italian, Ojibwe, Oji-Cree, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Tamil, Tagalog, Ukrainian and Urdu.Mission:
The eradication of cancer and the enhancement of the quality of life of people living with cancer in Canada; is a national community-based organization of volunteers. Programs vary by location although cancer information and support services are available Canada-wide.
- Provides information about cancer and its treatment
- Limited, short-term assistance towards cancer-related transportation, at times through a volunteer driver program
- Limited, short-term assistance for accommodation expenses, and/or accommodation at a Canadian Cancer Society lodge
- In some provinces/territories, partnerships may be able to assist with access to symptom management drugs
- CancerConnection connects people living with cancer and caregivers with trained volunteers who offer encouragement and share ideas for coping – all from their unique perspective as someone who’s been there
- The online community, CancerConnection.ca, helps people who have cancer, cancer survivors and caregivers share their experiences and build supportive relationships
- Community Services Locator is a searchable database of over 4,000 cancer-related services and resources Canada-wide.
Population served: Patients and healthcare providers from across Canada
The Canadian CML Network is a community of people living with Chronic Myeloid Leukemia. We are dedicated to providing emotional, social and educational support to people living with CML and their families.
Population served: Canadians affected by cancer
Cancer View Canada connects Canadians to online services, information and resources for cancer control. It is an ever-evolving portal that brings together resources for cancer prevention, screening, treatment, and supportive, palliative and end-of-life care.
Through its collaborative tools, Cancer View Canada also links people in the Canadian cancer community to each other.
Population served: Patients and caregivers concerned with chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) and small lymphocytic lymphoma (SLL)
CIG, which is associated with Lymphoma Research Foundation, is a patient advocacy group that provides information to people with CLL/SLL and their loved ones.
Offers disease and treatment information
Offers an Internet-based discussion group for patients and caregivers
Population served: Patients, caregivers, families and companions of CLL/SLL patients.
The information contained in cllcanada.ca is from the experiences and knowledge of CLL patients and should never be considered expert medical information or opinion.
Population served: Patients and health professionals interested in CLL information
To abolish chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) as a threat to the life and health of patients.
- Aims to fund patient-oriented projects with rapid clinical applications and to expand the knowledge of CLL on a global scale
- Provided seed money for the formation of two CLL Research Consortiums, one in Australia and one in Israel.
Population served: Patient and survivor of chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) or small lymphocytic lymphoma (SLL).
Other language(s) : FrenchMission:
Advocate and provide education to improve access to health care that will extend the lives of Canadians affected by Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL) and Small Lymphocytic Lymphoma (SLL).
Population served: People diagnosed with chronic myeloid leukemia (CML), worldwide
Other language(s) : Spanish and French. European Leukemia Net Treatment Guidelines available in Chinese, English, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Macedonian, Polish, Serbian, and SpanishMission:
To facilitate and support best practice-sharing between patient group organizers across the world.
- Informal online organization designed, published and moderated by CML patients and carers who are registered patient group advocates and organizers.
- Provides a worldwide web directory of CML patient groups, to allow patient groups to find national support groups in another country
- Provides a platform of communication for CML patient advocates
- Builds a knowledge base in the form of a Wiki (like Wikipedia, but dedicated to CML patient advocacy)
- Provides an area where educational material is ready for download to patient advocates.
Population served: Anyone seeking information or support for chronic myeloid leukemia (CML)
To help reduce suffering and to improve the care and quality of life of CML patients; to provide support, education and information on CML, current and emerging treatments, and research initiatives, for people living with CML and their families.
- Helps patients access medical, mental health and wellness professionals
- Organizes quarterly meetings for information sharing
- Disseminates the latest information through the website, newsletters and periodic targeted emails
- Organizes seminars to share information from medical conferences
A general information and educational resource created by Roche for patients and caregivers of those afflicted with CLL.
Population served: People with cancer and their caregivers in the U.S.
Other language(s) : SpanishMission:
To provide accurate, up-to-date, and reliable information on cancer that is easy to understand; this confidential service is a federally funded cancer education program.
- Offers trained information specialists who can answer cancer-related questions on a range of cancer topics, including the most recent advances in cancer treatment.
Population served: Eye cancer patients and their families, health professionals
To create a world-class center of excellence for patients and their families diagnosed with ocular tumors, macular degeneration, and related ophthalmic conditions.
- Formerly the EyeCare Foundation
- Funds research to find cures for patients with ocular tumors, macular degeneration, and related eye diseases
- Provides up-to-date treatment information
- Coordinates clinical trials to evaluate new methods of diagnosis and treatment
- Offers family and patient support programs to ease emotional stress and real-life adjustment issues related to the severe forms of these conditions
- Empowers patients to find the resources to improve their lives
Population served: Children with JMML and their families, researchers
To cure Juvenile Myelomonocytic Leukemia and to improve the quality of life of JMML patients and families worldwide through research, education, advocacy, and charity.
- Offers disease and treatment information
- Provides financial grants of up to $500 for families in need
- Little Heroes Comfort Program provides a child diagnosed with JMML a special mailed package containing age-appropriate toys, crayons, coloring books and other items
- Online forum for support and education is planned
- Sponsors annual symposium for researchers, JMML patients and their families.