Manager, Individual and Corporate Engagement BC and Yukon
Classification: Full time, Permanent
Location: Vancouver, BC
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of Canada (LLSC) is seeking a Manager, Individual and Corporate Engagement in the BC and Yukon Region for an exciting opportunity to lead a team of volunteers and staff to achieve the LLSC Mission and fundraising initiatives in the Region.
Reporting to the Regional Director, you will assist in educating the public about developments in the diagnosis and treatment of blood related cancers, support community service programs and access to such programs for patients suffering from blood related cancers, and reach patients and their families and the public to promote access to blood cancer research information and initiatives of LLSC that support its Mission (such as its Patient Education and Services). You will also assist in conducting community events for patient reach initiatives and revenue growth, as well as take a leadership role with community activities in furtherance of the LLSC Mission, including fund development, patient focused initiatives, education forums and showcases.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of Canada
Since 1955, the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of Canada (LLSC) has continually grown as more exciting and cutting-edge discoveries are made that directly affect the course of our mission to cure leukemia, lymphoma, non-Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. With more than 138,000 Canadians living with or in remission from blood cancers, and approximately 23,300 more patients diagnosed in Canada every year, the stakes are high, giving us the impetus to constantly look for ways to deliver on our mission as effectively as possible. In 2017, we invested almost $7.4 million in the creation of programs and delivery of services to improve the lives of Canadians affected by blood cancers from coast to coast. We fund lifesaving blood cancer research across Canada and provide free information and support services for patients.
Work Direction: Works under the supervision and direction of the Regional Director and in collaboration with all LLSC staff in the BC/Yukon Region and across the country. Position has a strong acquisition and stewardship focus with expectation of 30%+ activity outside the office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the growth in engagement and development of the Individual Donor and Corporate Partnerships portfolio in the BC and Yukon Region
- Builds relationships with internal and external individual donors and corporate partners in order to grow their financial support of LLSC, as well as vendors and suppliers to ensure cost reductions
- Focus on acquiring new individual and corporate involvement, while developing strategic stewardship plans for growth with both new and existing relationships
- Recruits, retains and manages top donors and corporate partners, while nurturing other key relationships
- Works closely with campaign staff to maximize corporate involvement in campaign activity – i.e.) Light The Night, Team In Training and Senior Volunteer Leadership Committee to achieve overall revenue goals
- Coaches individuals and corporate partners on fundraising to maximize impact
- Ensures that the LLSC Mission is integrated throughout the Region to tie fundraising efforts and results to event revenue and volunteer impact
- Responsible for contributing to the flawless delivery of community events in order to improve supporter/participant experience and increase retention
- Works closely with the Regional Patient Education and Support Manager to ensure Mission integration into activities
Working closely with the Regional Patient Education and Support Manager, may provide support in the following areas for the BC and Yukon Region:
- Supports patients, survivors and caregivers by providing them with resources to assist them with their cancer journey
- Conducts educational presentations (i.e. workplace lunch and learns; support with research tours) about blood cancers and provides access to information for treatments
- Educates the public about the work of LLSC and its programs and services
- Knowledgeably conveys the latest information resources to patients, participants and others on blood cancers for their action and use
Leadership and Volunteer Engagement
- Provides leadership for the design and execution of activities focused on increasing revenue and volunteer engagement for donor and corporate campaigns in assigned Region
- Responsible for specific revenue and retention goals, development plans, cultivation of events and budgets, timelines, logistics and marketing for each event, as well as supervising, coaching and training campaign and support staff in the delivery of campaigns
- Responsible for recruitment of volunteers, volunteer leadership and supervising, coaching and training volunteers
- Serves as an ambassador to those who are involved in LLSC about the Mission and programs available to patients and their families
- An Undergraduate degree or diploma in Health Communications, Commerce, Fund Development or equivalent is preferred
- 4 or more years of communications, sales, marketing or fundraising experience
- Experience in a health care, mission or patient focused environment
- Knowledge, skill and passion for new business development and fundraising management, with a proven track record of revenue growth success
- Proven success in senior level volunteer recruitment and management
- Experience working in a team environment to achieve set goals
- A range of fundraising experience, including securing and stewarding major gifts/corporate partnerships
- Superior interpersonal skills to engage, motivate and leverage stakeholders both internally and externally
- Ability to connect, build and maintain a broad range of relationships, including new business relationships
- Exceptional written and verbal skills; at ease with public presentations and a proven ability to relate to diverse groups of people at all levels
- Ability to travel within the Region and work flexible hours, including occasional weekend and evening hours
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required
*LLSC thanks you for your interest in this position; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please send your cover letter and resume to Human Resources by January 4, 2018. Expected start date will be early Winter 2018.